Business Law Attorneys
It is not always cost-effective for every business to have its own in-house legal department. Even if your company has its own in-house counsel, in-house counsel may lack the expertise to handle certain types of matters. At Kraemer Burns, P.A. we offer a group of experienced business lawyers and litigators with the ability to give prompt, cost-effective and practical attention to your questions and problems.
A Practical Approach to Creating Real Solutions for Our Clients
Known for our quick turnaround time and efficiency, we recognize that fees must reflect the practical reality of each business situation. In addition to providing knowledgeable counsel and document preparation for U. S. based transactions, we can help our clients with their international business needs as well. Consider just a few examples of how we have given our clients the benefit of their own legal department:
- Our client, a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of sophisticated equipment used in the packaging industry, that often sell for millions of dollars each, frequently has sophisticated customers who want modifications to the client's form contract that we prepared. Speed is of the essence because the client wants to close the deal. Immediately after receiving a telephone call from the client, we contacted the customer's counsel, and within the hour, we e-mailed a revised agreement ready for signature.
- A specialty chemical business e-mails us confidential disclosure agreements for review. We are usually able to respond and approve the agreement, or make the needed changes, within a few hours of receipt.
- A manufacturer of medical devices sold in the United States through distributors is offered an opportunity to appoint a Belgium distributor. Through our membership in Mackrell International, we were able to email the client's standard U.S. distributorship agreement to the Belgium Mackrell member with the request to mark it up so that the agreement would work in Belgium.
- Our client, one of the world's largest flavor and fragrance companies, supplies ingredients to multinational food companies, is presented with a core supplier agreement which unless promptly negotiated and signed will result in the loss of a critical customer. Given our familiarity with core supplier contracts, we were able to give advice about what is commonly negotiable and what is not, and what risks may be insurable. A revised core supplier agreement was negotiated and signed within a relatively short period of time so that our client could retain and continue to service a major customer.
- A client terminated the employment of an employee whose performance was deficient. The employee would not leave the office, and insisted on speaking to the president of the company, claiming that he was the victim of illegal discrimination. A call from the client for immediate advice on how to proceed permitted the client to develop a strategy to handle the matter, and minimize the risk of disruption to his business, and avoid litigation.
In addition, we can function as your law department by handling anything from routine matters, to complex transactions and litigations. We've set forth below a sampling of the kinds of matters we handle:
- Business law and commercial transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business and commercial litigation
- Financial and commercial lending and creditor's rights
- Real estate development, transactions and land use
- Environmental and renewable energy law
- Federal Taxation
- International Taxation including "inbound" (Non-U.S. persons and entities U.S. income and/or U.S. activities) and "out-bound" (U.S. persons and entities with NON-U.S. income and/or NON-U.S. activities)
Whenever possible, to be cost effective your transaction or litigation will be handled by just one of our experienced lawyers. When your company has a complex matter that requires the attention of more than one attorney, we will provide the staffing level warranted by the complexity, time sensitivity, or dollar value at stake. However, whether a single Kraemer Burns attorney or a team managing your transaction or litigation, you will always have the benefit of the firm's internal checks and control on the quality of the work product. Our attorneys are collegial and discuss transactions and litigations with other firm attorneys so each client has the benefit of multiple experiences, perspectives, and strategies to maximize the client's position. Contact us to learn more about how Kraemer Burns can serve as your law department.